Welcome back to my blog. Are you fortified with coffee and chocolate pie? Are you as awake as that owl? lol. I had a piece of Pumpkin pie myself this morning. *Yum.*
So happy to be here again. It isn’t too late to talk about goals is it? I have so much to tell you!
First I want to say I joined 12×12, the kid lit community of Julie Hedlund’s organization. So far it’s been fun. I just hope I can meet the challenges! One. I write a book a month. Then revise it. Then submit it. First I just had the Margaret Wise Bronze membership but quickly realized that I wanted to be able to have feedback on my manuscripts so I upped my membership to Golden Book where that can happen,… AND send out for submissions. I’m so excited! And with this I won’t have to wait with the revisions. So I think this will be perfect for me. Write, revise, get critiques and send out for submissions! 🙂 . There’s still time to join if you want. Here’s the link. : http://www.juliehedlund.com/registration-for-2013/
So now you know my goals. To write and revise a picture book each month, and after critiques send out queries and submit.
Here are the rest:
To complete my online class of “Writing your Life Story” twice a week for six weeks and do the homework. This is my memoir love…this is where I’m meeting my goal of making my private journal public as I say in my about page. (I’ve only had two classes so far and the time they take is enormous. I am worried about how to fit it all in.) 🙂
To continue with my Pilates classes twice a week and hopefully join in another exercise class of Thai Chi on Mondays.
To keep blogging on Tuesday and Fridays introducing an author on the first of the month, to have a progress report the third Tuesday of the month and to have an eclectic post the fourth Tuesday of the month with each Friday being part of PPBF. http://susannahill.blogspot.com/p/perfect-picture-books.html
What do you think? Think I can do it? I’m still also going to my SCBWI crit group once a month and Round Hill Writer’s group twice a month along with all the things that keeps a home going and husband happy. Please let me know in the comments what your goals are and if you’ll keep me accountable to mine.
OH one other goal I have is to take Susanna’s picture book course on “Making Picture Book Magic” in March. Here’s the link if you’re interested: http://susannahill.blogspot.com/p/making-picture-book-magic.html I welcome all comers. We’ll have a blast!
- Perfect Picture Book Friday/ Vampirina Ballerina (clarbojahn.wordpress.com)
- Are you doing Picture Book Idea Month? (clarbojahn.wordpress.com)
- Picture Book Idea Month Resources and Inspiration (onewaytowonder.wordpress.com)
- Perfect Picture Book Friday/ Basket Moon (clarbojahn.wordpress.com)
- PPBF: Parenting Advice from Andy Griffith…Set the Rules! (viviankirkfield.wordpress.com)
- Perfect Picture Book Friday/ The Fall of Freddie the Leaf (clarbojahn.wordpress.com)
- Picture Books Ideas Month is over! Now to get on with writing the stories! (mummumstheword.wordpress.com)
- SCBWI Work-in-Progress Grant (kathytemean.wordpress.com)