I’ve joined the Fourth Writer’s Campaign and I’m tagged. Both http://minaburrows.blogspot.com/ and http://msdiamondhill.wordpress.com/ tagged me. The game is that I tag eleven other people or as close to that as I can and answer these eleven questions. One was optional and I didn’t answer it. Here are the Q and A’s. Since MS Diamond got to me first I answered her questions only although now I’ve seen some people who are tagged twice answer from both lists. I had this done already and time is short. You understand, right?
1. What inspired you to start writing?
I have been writing since I was fifteen years old. The books I was reading for school were so good that I would copy quotes from them into a notebook and later that turned into a journal. So I have been writing into a journal since I was fifteen.
2. Name your top three books?
“Grapes of Wrath” by Steinbeck, “She’s not here” by James Boylan and, “Return to Love” by Marianne Williamson
3. Share any event in your writing career which can inspire new writers?
You never know when that break will happen. Don’t give up. An event that inspired me was when I attended a library talk about a new author and her book. There a woman told everyone about a writer’s group. I went and now it’s mine, my writer’s group. And without them I wouldn’t have known how to go about getting my children’s book “Annie’s Special Day” published. Now I have a contract and it’s coming out in a few weeks.
4. What keeps you going when your writings are being rejected for a long time?
My writer’s group, Round Hill Writer’s Group.
5. If you ever get the chance which favorite character would you like to use in your own book?
There are so many favorite characters; I have no idea on how to pick just one.
6. Would you ever like to rewrite your favorite novel or book?
7. What is your favorite genre for reading and writing?
Memoir and Picture Book
8. Have you ever helped any new writer in any way and what it feels like?
Yes, it feels wonderful.
9. What are your favorite Blogs or websites which helped you in improving your writing?
Two of my favorite sites are Writer’s Digest, and Courage2Create,
10 What author would you like to meet?
Part of the game is for the eleven tagged people to answer eleven new questions, too.
Here are the new questions:
- 1- How did you learn about the Campaign?
- 2- How long have you been writing?
- 3- Have you ever had writer’s block?
- 4- Did you get over it?
- 5- And if so how did you get over it?
- 6- What is your favorite book?
- 7- Have you done the first challenge?
- 8- Do you write in the same genre as your favorite?
- 9- When did you start writing?
- 10- Have you been published?
- 11- Tell your favorite writing story.
I’m tagging these eleven people:
Those are the eleven tagged people. I’m sure some of you have been tagged before. Since there are twenty people in the children’s lit group and this game is going around the town, it’s hard picking new people. I sincerely hope you won’t be offended and just enjoy the campaign.